CHARACTERISTICS OF MANY ADULTS AND
CHILDREN WITH ASPERGER"S SYNDROME!
* Trouble learning and using social skills that others learn and use
* Difficulty with transitions and changes in their everyday lives.
* May be more vulnerable or naive than most others their age.
* May become obsessed with keeping certain routines.
*May have special interests or "obsessions" with particular subjects
* Have trouble reading body language.
* Motor clumsiness. Many have difficulty in and/or have no interest
at all in any sports.
* Lots of anxiety.
* May sooth themselves with repetitive motions such as rocking their
body, flapping their arms, hands, legs or feet, tapping, etc. These motions may look odd to others, but they are very calming
to the person with Asperger's.
* Some speak in monotone voices, or may seem to have an accent different
from the natural accent that would be expected of them.
* Senses, especially hearing and feeling, may be very sensitive. People
with Asperger's often hate loud noises or clothes of certain textures.